Tara Cameron is now a Canadian Certified Playground Inspector
November 22, 2018
Our Digital Marketing Manager, Tara Cameron, is now a Canadian Certified Playground Inspector by the Canadian Parks and Recreation Association and Canadian Playground Safety Institute.
If your organization does not have a certified inspector on staff or are in need of a "3rd Party" inspection of your play structures, give us a call at 905-634-3110 x 3122.
The Canadian Parks and Recreation Association (CPRA) offers the CPRA Canadian Certified Playground Inspector Certification program to individuals who successfully complete the Theory and Practical training courses through the Canadian Playground Safety Institute (CPSI). The program helps individuals understand CAN/CSA Z614 “Children’s Playspaces and Equipment” and to learn how to conduct a hands-on inspection / audit of their playspace.
- understand the CAN/CSA Z614 Standards
- identify hazards and equipment not in compliance with CSA Standards
- understand inspection requirements and process
- manage risk and reduce liability
- take into consideration factors that affect playground safety beyond the CSA Standards
- evaluate existing play structures for compliance with the CSA standards
- complete a written inspection report
- provide recommendations for upgrading equipment to comply with the CSA standards with the understanding of safety and cost implications
- identify and implement an effective inspection and maintenance program