In February 2014, Seferian Design Group was awarded the Implementation Plan for the Wilmot Trails Master Plan.
The Township of Wilmot approved the Wilmot Trails Master Plan on November 18, 2013. The Master Plan is intended to guide trail development in the Township of Wilmot as well as municipal projects having trail implications (cycling lanes, sidewalks, storm water management areas etc.). The approved master plan includes some general guidelines and standards that will need to be expanded upon. The purpose of this project is to prepare an implementation plan to form Appendix B to the Trails Master Plan.
Our team will prepare a plan and guidelines to implement the approved Trails Master Plan including the use of municipal comparables and proven past associated trail master planning work experience with municipal trails. The deliverables for the Implementation Plan include:
- Detailed design and construction standards for trail types
- Estimated unit costs for construction standards including surface types and trail structures (i.e. boardwalks and bridges), rural and urban road cross-sections, and signage
- Trail signage and maintenance standards
- AODA requirements for trail development and maintenance
- Analysis of staff recourses and budget requirements to implement the plan
- Analysis of the mission and key participants of a Wilmot Trails Advisory Committee and recommendations with respect to its establishment
We are very excited about collaborating with the Township of Wilmot and assisting with bringing the master plan to fruition.