SDG hired to work on the historical Hamilton Golf and Country Club

SDG hired to work on the historical Hamilton Golf and Country Club

The Hamilton Golf & Country Club (HGCC), located in Ancaster, Ontario, has hosted 5 Canadian Opens and has been long regarded as one of the top golf courses in Canada (Scoregolf Magazine currently ranks the course second in Canada). The club began in 1894, Renowned English golf architect Harry Colt designed 18 of the current 27 holes in 1914, with Canadian golf architect Robbie Robinson adding a third nine in 1974. The club has hosted five Canadian Opens. The course was lengthened and renovated in the late 1990s, in preparation for more recent Opens.

In August 2013, Seferian Design Group was retained by HGCC to transform the rear patio spaces overlooking the signature 18th green. The design will include the replacement of the existing wood trellis structure with a new, modern covered structure that is built for entertaining. The new structure with contain copper roofing (top), tongue and groove cedar (bottom), copper downspouts and eaves troughs, speakers, an outdoor gas fireplace, a flush mounted ceiling which will house; lighting, fans, and gas heaters for three season use.

“We are very honoured to be selected to work with the HGCC , the course is very prestigious in the golf world,” says Brad Smith Senior Landscape Architect with Seferian Design, “Our design will respect the historical significance of the property, while complimenting the architecture of the clubhouse.”

The SDG team will also be constructing a 3D computer animated model of the clubhouse and will create full video animations and fly-throughs of their design to assist with presentations to the Board of Directors, Chairman, and staff. Our scope of work also includes redeveloping the upper terrace areas adjacent to the practice tees into an outdoor area for weddings, banquets, and other functions. SDG will also be creating designs for overflow/additional parking, entry gatehouse with gates, additional cart path areas, and second practice green facility.